Moving and Handling
About the course:
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to gain moving and handling skills as well as those who are involved in manual handling in their workplace. This course will prepare and give students the confidence and skills needed in order to move residents safely in the workplace.
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Causes of back pain
- Manual Handling Legislation
- Safe and unsafe Moving & Handling techniques
- Principles of lifting including Ergonomics
- Unsafe systems of work
- Equipment demonstrations & practice
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
What are the entry requirements?
No formal entry requirement but learners are expected to have basic Literacy and Numeracy skills.
Assessment Method: Practical
Qualification: College Certificate
Course Mode: One day
Available Session / Period: Day
Duration: 4 hours
Start Date: Every week (subject to availability).
Learners may wish to further study or gain employment.
Course Costs: £350
Are there any additional costs?
There may be additional fees to cover the cost of textbooks needed for the course.