Level 5 Leadership in Child Care
About the course:
This course is for those currently working in an early year’s setting as a manager practitioner, senior practitioner or deputy manager. This qualification allows the development of both managerial and practitioner skills which are beneficial skills. It is a competence-based qualification assessed in the workplace.
To achieve the Level 5 Diploma students must obtain a minimum of 65 QCF credits.
The mandatory units include the following titles:
- Professional Practice in Children’s Care
- Learning and Development Support Children’s Care
- Learning and Development in the Early Years
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety, and risk management
- Policies procedures and practices
- Working in partnership
- Understand child and young person development
- Lead practice that supports positive outcomes for children’s development
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to support safeguarding
What are the entry requirements?
In order to complete the qualification, students must have a Level 3 Childcare qualification and be an experienced practitioner. Additionally, students must be currently working in a child care setting in a supervisory role for at least 16 hours per week. This qualification is not approved for those below the age of 19.
Candidates will partake in monthly tutorials which will equip them with fundamental knowledge and support in skills development. Candidates will be taught in a variety of methods which include: lectures, seminars and interactive workshop sessions. You will be given appropriate tutorial support which is centred on study skills. The assessor will come in regular intervals to observe as well as assist in portfolio building.
Qualification: Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England).
Course Duration: The course lasts for approximately 12 – 14 months. This varies due to the level of support required for each learner and previous experience.
Course Mode: Part time
Start Dates: The Diploma course can be studied at any time during the year, however, this is subject to the number of students.
Students may use this qualification to further progress onto Foundation degree and BA.
Course Costs: The course fee is £4,670.00, however, some students may be eligible for the 19+ loan which may be used to pay for the course. For more information about the 19+ loan, feel free to contact us.
Are there any additional costs?
There may be additional fees to cover for the cost of textbooks needed for the course.