Certificate in Book Keeping Level 3
About the course:
The IAB Level 3 Certificate in Manual Bookkeeping is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to carry out a range of day-to- day bookkeeping routines and accounting activities using a manual bookkeeping system. These bookkeeping and accounting activities include preparing financial statements for a Sole Trader or Partnership from incomplete records.
The qualification is made up of:
- Online Knowledge Test
- Online Assignments
Principles of accounting
- Understand the purpose of accounting concepts and standards, and recognise the qualitative characteristics of financial information
- Understand the process of accounting for a stock valuation
- Understand the process of accounting for fixed assets
- Understand the process of accounting for prepayments and accruals
- Understand the process of accounting for bad and doubtful debts
Make accounting adjustments
- Account for a stock valuation
- Account for fixed assets
- Account for prepayments and accruals
- Account for bad and doubtful debts
Prepare financial statements from double entry records for sole traders and partnerships
- Prepare a trial balance and correct errors
- Prepare financial statements for a sole trader
- Prepare an extended trial balance
- Prepare financial statements for a Partnership
Prepare financial statements from incomplete records for sole traders and not for profit organisations
- Calculate capital or accumulated funds from incomplete data
- Construct accounts and a trial balance from incomplete records
- Prepare financial statements from incomplete records
What are the entry requirements?
Completion of the IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping or the IAB Level 2 Award in Manual Bookkeeping
Online Knowledge Test – Tests are a series of independent short answer questions made up of multiple choice, gap fill, and true or false type questions.
Online Assignments – These are assessed via IAB Online and are also open book.
Qualification: Certificate in Book Keeping Level 3
Exam Board: international Association of book keeper (IAB)
Course Mode: Part Time
Duration: 12 weeks
Available Session: Day/Evening
Start Date: Every 3 months
Many students progress onto AAT or Employment
What are the training costs?
The cost is £390
Are there any additional costs?
Please note that tuition fee does not include IAB Registration fee. Check with the awarding body for up to date fee or ask member of the admission team