About Us: Croydon SAM delivers Accredited and Non-Accredited qualifications in: Accounting, Access to Higher Education (Nursing), Business Management, Childcare, Customer service and Healthcare etc., from Entry to Level 5. These courses are funded through apprenticeships, self-funded or Adult Educational Budget (AEB). Our learners are highly diverse, typically from widening participation audiences.
Due to our growth, we are looking to hire a highly-skilled, motivated tutor/ assessor to deliver our courses to the highest standards. As a tutor/assessor, you will be up to date with standards delivery. You will be supporting learners through their apprenticeships and providing regular feedback as well as ensuring they meet their set goals. The role also requires liaising with employers; constantly keeping accurate, up- to- date records of each learner's progression and setting targets using our E-portfolio platform (Skills forward).
MAIN DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach, assess, motivate and support Early Years (EYE) apprentices to achieve their Level 2, 3 or 4 apprenticeship qualification.
- Maximise the use of e-learning (Skills Forward) and use a variety of assessment methods to ensure learners have the chance to evidence their knowledge, skills and behaviours in a variety of ways.
- Ensure the highest standards of learner completions are met and monitor candidates' progress, including carrying out regular progress reviews/additional support reviews.
- Provide outstanding delivery and assessment within your specific sector area, which includes: remote and centre based working environments as required.
- Support the recruitment process, which includes the induction of new apprentices and employers.
- Monitor and track operational performance of a caseload ensuring apprenticeship success rates are high in line with national and college targets.
- Carry out progress reviews with apprentices and employers to monitor and ensure timely success against period profiles.
- Continuously update learner and employer files to ensure documentation meets SFA, Awarding organisations and Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for observations of performance and achieve an ‘Outstanding’ grading profile.
- Support the development of processes and procedures to ensure high-quality provision.
- Build working relationships across curriculum that will enable the success and growth of the apprenticeship.
- Ensure quick responses to remove barriers where learners are at risk of non-completion seeking advice and guidance from Team managers where necessary.
- Attend fortnightly meetings with Apprenticeship Lead Assessor to communicate progress against targets.
The post holder will be required to:
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Employer development manager.
- Participate in appraisal and professional development as appropriate.
- Carry out their duties with due regard to the Croydon SAM’s policies on equal opportunities, health and safety and quality assurance.
- Commit to achieving appropriate levels of Communication, IT and Numeracy.
- Maintain CPD currency and participate in appropriate external activities and in-service requirements some of which may be mandatory.
Essential qualifications, qualities, skills and experience considered necessary in this key post are as follows:
- Level 4 Qualification in Occupational Area
- A1 Assessor Award (TAQA, CAVA, A1, D32/33 etc.)
- Teaching qualification (desirable)
- A minimum 2 years' occupational experience within an Early Years Childcare setting (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own diary
- Excellent verbal, written communication and negotiation skills
- Organisational and planning skills required to manage a caseload
- Experience of working to deadlines and meeting targets
- Knowledge and skills required to maintain ‘Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults’ in the curriculum
The successful candidate will be home and office based, planning own diary and updating outlook calendar, visiting learners within their place of work, carrying out observations and using a variety of methods of assessments to capture evidence for learners’ portfolios, in order for them to progress through their qualifications in preparation for End Point Assessment.
|Work Based Assessor - (Child care and Business)
|Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
|£24,180.00 — £27,180.00 per year
|Approximately 37 hours per week
|Apprenticeship Lead Assessor – Sector Area