Safeguarding Children and adults
About the course:
This course is designed to equip healthcare professionals with the relevant skills and knowledge about the concept of abuse and the legislative framework that underpins safeguarding children and adults as well as the steps to perform if you have a concern about an individual.
- Understand what safeguarding means in the context of neglect, and physical, emotional or sexual abuse
- Understand the role of safeguarding adult, children and young people in England and Wales
- Understand the different types of abuse and how to recognise them
- Understand the key principles of legislation which protects adult, children and young people in England and Wales
- Understand the process for reporting suspected abuse
What are the entry requirements?
No formal entry requirement but learners are expected to have basic Literacy and Numeracy skills.
Assessment Method: Practical
Qualification: College Certificate
Course Mode: One Day
Available Session / Period: Day
Duration: 3 hours
Start Date: Every week (subject to availability).
Learners may wish to further study or gain employment.
Course Costs: £350
Are there any additional costs?
There may be additional fees to cover the cost of textbooks needed for the course.