Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
About the course:
This qualification acts as a progression route for learners in a supervisory role directly supporting their manager e.g. Deputy/Assistant Manager or Team Leader positions. It is also aimed at learners who have achieved a Level 3 Diploma or Advanced Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care and, as a direct result, have acquired additional responsibilities that will support them to meet the requirements of this qualification successfully.
The course consists of mandatory and optional units. The programme pathways are tailored to the students work role and work setting. learners must achieve a minimum of 70 credits overall. 36 credits must be achieved from the Mandatory Group, a minimum of 6 credits from Optional Group A and a minimum of 28 credits from Optional Group B. At least 55 credits must be achieved at Level 4 or above.
The 12 mandatory units consist of:
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Advanced communication skills
- Personal development in health, social care setting
- Equality and diversity in health, social care setting
- Facilitate person centered assessment to support wellbeing of individuals
- Facilitate support planning to ensure positive outcomes for individuals and to support well being
- Understand personalisation in care and support services
- Health and safety in health and social care settings
- Professional practice in health and social care for adults
- Safeguard children and young people who are present in the adult social care sector
- Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- Understand safeguarding and protection in health and social care settings
The optional units in group A and B you study will be specific to the area you work within and reflect your responsibilities, offering you the opportunity to tailor the qualification to you job role.
What are the entry requirements?
Subject to current job role.
Assessment Method: Internally/Externally Assessed
Qualification: Adult Care Level 4 Diploma
Course Mode: Part time/ full time
Where next: Learners may be able to progress to the Higher Apprenticeship (Level 5) Leadership in Health and Social Care or apply to undertake nurse training or a number of other related health and social care professions
Where next: Job Opportunities
This course is a good basis for work in some areas of residential care, health care or community work. You can get a supervisory role directly supporting their manager e.g. Deputy/Assistant Manager or Team Leader positions.
Are there any additional costs?
You may incur some costs for example textbooks required for the course.
Start Dates: The Diploma course can be studied at any time during the year, however it’s subject to student’s number.
Course Fees: £2880
Days: Weekday and Saturday
Location : CroydonSAM Centre