Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
About the course:
This qualification is designed to equip learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work in a senior role with adults in an adult care setting. The qualification prepares learners to manage complex situations found in Adult Care, and to give advice and guidance to customers and service users of different care services, and is recognised by employers as conferring occupational competence at this level.
Learners must achieve at least 70 credits to gain this qualification. These are made of 36 credits from the mandatory and a maximum of 34 credits from the optional units.
The 12 mandatory units consist of:
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Advanced communication skills
- Personal development in health, social care setting
- Equality and diversity in health, social care setting
- Facilitate person centered assessment to support wellbeing of individuals
- Facilitate support planning to ensure positive outcomes for individuals and to support well being
- Understand personalisation in care and support services
- Health and safety in health and social care settings
- Professional practice in health and social care for adults
- Safeguard children and young people who are present in the adult social care sector
- Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- Understand safeguarding and protection in health and social care settings
The optional units in group A and B you study will be specific to the area you work within and reflect your responsibilities, offering you the opportunity to tailor the qualification to you job role.
Awarding Board: Innovate
Entry RequirementLevel 3 diploma or equivalent. Also, students wishing to join the course will have to be working or volunteering in a care environment.
Assessment Method: Portfolio of Evidence. This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by awarding body.
Qualification: Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
Course Mode: Part time/ full time
Progression: Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care.
Job Opportunities in more senior role such as supervisory role directly supporting the manager e.g. Deputy/Assistant Manager or Team Leader position.
Start Dates: Every September /April. For those studying Adult care through the apprenticeship route, there is no set time. Student can start the course at any time.
Course Fees: The course fee is £2,880.00. However, some students may be eligible for the loan facility which may be used to pay for the course. For more information about the loan, feel free to contact us. This fee does not apply to apprenticeship students
Are there any additional costs? You may incur some costs for example textbooks required for the course.