ITQ Level 1
About the course:
This IT course is suitable for those looking to gain basic understanding of computers and how they are used safely and productively. This course is aimed for beginners as it will equip learners with the skills and knowledge to carry out basic IT work. We run flexible tuition to suit the needs of our learners.
This course consist of the following
- IT fundamentals
- Security for IT users
- Using email and the Internet
IT User Fundamentals will cover the following:
- Manage and organise files and folders
- Maintain systems
- Manage print options
- Apply good practice regarding health and safety
- Understand security issues such as using passwords, backing up, virus protection
- Understand the laws that surround computer use such as copyright and data protection
Using the Internet and Email will cover the following:
- Use the internet
- Use a web browser application
- Use the web to search for information and save or print a web page
- Understand electronic communication
- Send and receive emails
- Organise emails and add contact details to an address book
IT Security for Users will cover the following:
- Know what “spam” is
- Understand how to maintain information and technological security
- Know where to find relevant guidelines and procedures
- Know ways to keep data secure
What are the entry requirements?
No formal qualifications, However learners are advised to have basic math and English skills.
Case Study – There will be a scenario which will be worked through on a computer using different computer software.
Qualification: College Certificate
Course Mode: Part Time
Duration: 5 weeks
Start Date: Every 2 months (Subject to availability)
Learners may wish to further study or gain employment
What are the training costs?
The cost is £300
Are there any additional costs?
There may be additional fees to cover for the cost of textbooks needed for the course.