Health and Safety in the Workplace
About the course:
This course is designed to suit Business and individual needs in order to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose. It is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety, the safety of customers, contractors and the public.
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
What are the entry requirements?
No formal entry requirement but learners are expected to have basic Literacy and Numeracy skills.
Assessment Method: Practical
Qualification: College Certificate
Course Mode: One day
Available Session / Period: Day
Duration: 3 hours
Start Date: Every week (subject to availability)
Learners may wish to further study or gain employment.
Course Costs: £350
Are there any additional costs?
There may be additional fees to cover the cost of textbooks needed for the course.