Computerised Book Keeping Level 3
About the course:
The Level 3 Certificate in Computerised Bookkeeping and Accounting qualification is suitable for learners who already have a good working knowledge of the software, and wish to further their studies of Computerised Bookkeeping within a working business environment. It is also suitable for learners who like to gain a qualification at Level 3 of the regulated qualification framework, either from a point of no previous knowledge, or having already achieved the IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping.
The qualification is made up of:
- Online Knowledge Test
Principles of advanced computerised accounting
- Understand the purpose of accounting concepts and standards, and recognise the qualitative characteristics of financial information
- Understand the basics of computerised accounting
- Understand terms used in accounting
- Understand the purpose of VAT Accounts and the VAT return
- Understand the process of accounting for a stock valuation
- Understand the process of accounting for fixed assets
- Understand the process of accounting for prepayments and accruals
- Understand the process of accounting for bad and doubtful debts
- Understand the purpose of a trial balance and a suspense account
- Understand the purpose of financial statements
- Understand the principles of accounting for partnerships
- Understand the purposes of budgeting
Use a computerised accounting package
- Set up a computerised accounting system
- Enter business transactions
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Account for a stock valuation
- Account for fixed assets
- Account for prepayments and accruals
- Account for bad and doubtful debts
- Make end of period adjustments
- Amend the chart of accounts and generate reports
What are the entry requirements?
Learners will need to have a Level 2 qualification.
Paper Examination – these are assessed under examination conditions
Qualification: Computerised Book Keeping Level 3
Exam Board: International Association of Book keeper (IAB)
Course Mode: Part Time
Duration: 10 weeks
Available Session: Day/evening
Start Date: Every 2 months
Successful candidates can gain employment.
Course Costs: £360
Are there any additional costs?
Please note that the tuition fee does not include the IAB registration fee. Please check with the awarding body for up- to-date fee information or ask a member of our admission team.