Computerised Book Keeping Level 1
About the course:
The IAB Level 1 award in Computerised Bookkeeping is designed for those who wish to begin their studies of Computerised Bookkeeping and gain level 1 qualification within the regulated qualification framework. The use of basic computerised software Sage 50 will be covered. The qualification has been designed to appeal to individuals within the following groups:
- Learners starting their studies in the subject of computerised accounting from a point of no previous knowledge or experience.
- Learners employed at a junior level with some limited basic accounting knowledge and skills who want to formalise their competence by gaining a recognised accredited qualification in Computerised Bookkeeping.
- Learners returning to study and/or work after a study or career break.
- Learners considering a change in career.
- Learners considering a career as a self-employed practitioner.
- Owners of small businesses wanting an introduction to the function of computerised accounting, so that they can personally keep computerised records for their business.
The qualification is made up of:
- Online Knowledge Test
- Online Assignment
Introduction to computerised accounting
- Understand the basics of computerised accounting
- Understand accounting terms
- Recognise source documents
- Understand the basics of the VAT system
Set up a computerised accounting system and process data
- Set up a computerised accounting system
- Process credit based transactions
- Process cash sales and sundry income
- Process receipts from credit customers
- Process payments to credit suppliers
- Process payments through the bank current account
- Process petty cash transactions
- Reconcile the balance on the bank current account
- Generate reports
What are the entry requirements?
No formal qualifications are required. However, learners are advised to have basic Mathematics and English skills.
Online Knowledge Test (tests are a series of independent short answer questions made up of multiple choice, gap fill, and true or false type questions.)
Online Assignments (These are taken in class or at home and are short case study type questions with several tasks for each case study)
Qualification: Computerised Book Keeping level 1
Exam Board: international Association of book keeper (IAB)
Course Mode: Part Time
Duration: 8 weeks
Available Session: Day/Evening
Start Date: Every 2 months
Successful candidates can progress onto level 2 or gain employment
What are the training costs?
The cost is £260
Are there any additional costs?
Please note that the tuition fee does not include the IAB registration fee. Please check with the awarding body for up- to-date fee information or ask a member of our admission team.