Certificate in Book Keeping Level 2
About the course:
The IAB Level 2 Award in Manual Bookkeeping is aimed at individuals who are already working in a Finance office and who want to capitalise on their experience and gain a qualification. Candidates will gain an in-depth knowledge of Business routines and how all types of cash and credit transactions are recorded in manual accounts. You will also learn how to complete a basic VAT return.
Principles of bookkeeping and VAT
- Understand the basics of bookkeeping and bookkeeping systems
- Understand terms used by bookkeepers
- Recognise source documents and understand their purpose
- Understand the use of a sub-divided bookkeeping system
- Understand the basics of the VAT system
Financial services and payment methods use the journal
- Understand the role of banks and building societies
- Understand how businesses use financial services
Record transactions in a sub-divided bookkeeping system
- Use day books
- Use a journal
- Use an analysed cash book
- Use a petty cash book
What are the entry requirements?
Learner will need to have basic Accounting knowledge.
Online Knowledge Test – These tests are a series of independent short answer questions made up of multiple choice, gap fill, and true or false type questions.
Online Assignments – These are assessed via IAB Online and are taken under examination conditions
Qualification: Certificate in Book Keeping Level 2
Exam Board: International Association of Book keepers(IAB)
Course Mode: Part Time
Duration: 8 weeks
Available Session: Day/evening
Start Date: Every 2 months
Successful candidates can progress onto Level 3 or gain employment.
Course Costs: £300
Are there any additional costs?
Please note that the tuition fee does not include the IAB Registration fee. Please check with the awarding body for up-to-date fee information or contact a member of our admission team.